Welcome to the Summit Mommies' Blog
This is a blog for all us to find out what is going on!
It's a bulletin board of our lives. Park day? Lunch date? GNO? Need a babysitter? Any other fun announcements? Post them here.
It's a bulletin board of our lives. Park day? Lunch date? GNO? Need a babysitter? Any other fun announcements? Post them here.
Thursday, July 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I wouldn't spend the money on it. I bought one to pack away my winter comforter. I bought a really big sized space bag, but no matter how I folded or rolled the comforter, I couldn't get it to fit in the bag. When I couldn't get the comforter in, I decided to pack away some crib bedding in it. It stayed sealed for a while, but the air eventually filled back in. A family friend used the space bags that are smaller for traveling. When she got her luggage at the airport, the space bag had popped open during her flight & broke the zippers on her suitcase. Maybe other people have had more success with space bags, but for me, they're just a waste of money. If I were you, I'd just put my comforter in a really big trash bag for your move.
The bags that are at Bed Bath and Beyond work great. You just hook your vacuum up to it... I've seen them make huge blankets-tiny. And it's super cheap!
I don't know why my name shows up so funky when I leave a comment... anyone know how to fix it????
Mandy, I've had the same experience as Colleen. I used them when we thought we were moving back east and when I finally go them out of storage (6 months later) some held but, at least, half had the air back in. Also, many of my zipper thingys broke--so I don't think it is worth it--unless there is a better quality then the space bag brand. I'd use a big black trash bag too--that is what I do with all my bedding, blankets, sheets, pillows, etc. I double up on them and then throw them in the moving van. They can be a nice padding for funiture.
I bought the ones from Costco and they never worked.
Hi everyone,
Sorry to hear some of you have had issues with Space Bag products reinflating during storage. We are committed to quality and have recently made improvements in our line of vacuum-seal bags. Products now feature a double zipper and a Turbo valve to help vacuum out air 35% faster than before. We also guarantee that our products will be free of manufacturing defects for one full year from the date of purchase. Details of product improvements and warranty information can be found on the Space Savers community blog, bit.ly/czC0Mj. We hope you will consider using Space Bag products for your space-saving needs in the future.
Best,
Space Savers community correspondent
www.SpaceSaversCommunity.com
Post a Comment