Welcome to the Summit Mommies' Blog

This is a blog for all us to find out what is going on!
It's a bulletin board of our lives. Park day? Lunch date? GNO? Need a babysitter? Any other fun announcements? Post them here.

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Breast Pump/Awkward Post

Okay...
So I am totally willing to buy a used electric breast pump. Is that gross? Then call me nasty.:) I really really want one this time around. I used a hand pump with the last two which took FOREVER! So, just wondering if any of you have a good one that you would want to sell. I'm just a lady trying to save a few bucks. Thanks!

3 comments:

Katie Wiens said...

mary i love you :)

Rach said...

You can get all new tubing, etc from a medical supply store eliminating the weird factor :)

Colleen said...

If you don't find someone who has a pump to sell, try the lactation consultant at the hospital. When Tyler was born I bought my brand new Medela pump from the lactation consultant at Pomona Valley Hospital and it saved me a lot of money. I want to say I saved somewhere between $50 to $90. I can't remember exactly how much because I also ordered a power cord that I could plug into my car. I think it ended up costing about $250 all together. To buy that same pump at Babies R Us would have been around $300. And if you want to find new tubing for a pump you order, there's a lady who lives in Corona & sells all sorts of breastfeeding items on eBay. I ordered new tubing for my pump from her.
http://stores.ebay.com/Elite-Breastfeeding-Supplies
Good luck finding a new pump! You'll love the electric pump. I had to use the manual kind before I found a place to order new tubing & it was a total pain. Made me appreciate the electric pump. :)