Welcome to the Summit Mommies' Blog

This is a blog for all us to find out what is going on!
It's a bulletin board of our lives. Park day? Lunch date? GNO? Need a babysitter? Any other fun announcements? Post them here.

Monday, November 30, 2009

Prayers Please!





It's definitely the season for miracles as we remember the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ and the blessing and miracle His life was and is for each of us. My friend from high school, Pete and his family, are in need of a miracle. I know miracles still happen and at the same time I know the Lord has His own will when it comes to our lives. With all the hope, faith, love, and prayer I can muster up, I'm praying for a miracle for the Vanderlinden family. I invite each of you whether you know them or not to do the same.


Pete, suffered a major cardiac arrest 24 hours ago and has a 2-5% chance of surviving. It sounds like it all happened so fast yet Jennifer was right there where she needed to be to start CPR and get the paramedics there. I don't know anything else other than to pray. I've been the benefactor of many prayers in my life from people I know and don't know. I ask that you remember this sweet family in your prayers. I believe in miracles.

I know with all of my heart that God lives and He loves each of us. I pray for us to unite in prayer with the hopes of saving this young dear father and husband. No matter what happens, I pray for strength to abide with the Vanderlinden family--a strength that comes from no where else but our Father in Heaven.



3 comments:

Mandy Lowry said...

Ok, Prayers are answered! His arrest was Saturday night and he was on life support in the ICU with his core body temp lowered to 33 degrees in order to decrease the oxygen demands of his brain and heart. Late monday he was following commands, and early Tuesday morning was taken off life support. At that time he was very confused and it appeared that he had had some brain damage from lack of O2. However, today he is completely back 100% with no deficits! He remembers everything, is very coherent and walks and talks normally. Considering he had initially been given a 2-5% of surviving, this is amazing! Thanks for those of you that prayed for him. I guess Heavenly Father decided he needed to be around for his new daughter coming in the spring!

Melissa said...

What a great story. That truly is a miracle.

Scarcy Family said...

That is so great. I'm so happy for that family. It would've been horrible to lose such a young husband and father. Thanks for letting us pray for them.